[OpenSIPS-Users] Authentication (username and password) between proxies without involving UA

Tazio Oso tazioso84 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 12:16:28 CEST 2013

Dear all,

I am relatively new to SIP and new to OpenSIPS so I apologize if my
questions are silly.

I would like to evaluate the feasibility with OpenSIPS of the following
scenario:

   UserA

       |        AAA (UserA credentials)

My SIP Proxy
   |    |  ... |
   |    |  ... |   AAA (VOIP Provider Credentials)
   |    |  ... |
VOIP Providers (SIP Proxies)

     UserB

I would like to offer a service so that he can connect to my SIP proxy with
some credentials to get in touch with UserB.
My SIP proxy should choose the best of the VOIP providers based o some
rules. My SIP proxy should authenticate himself with the chosen VOIP
provider without asking UserA to authenticate.

Is this scenario implementable with OpenSIPS?

Thanks in advance. Once again I apologize if I was enough clear.

Best Regards,
Tazio Oso