[OpenSIPS-Users] Invalid Bye Request

Nathaniel L Keeling III keeling at akan-tech.com
Mon Apr 22 23:11:24 CEST 2013

Hello,

I have a situation where my Bye requests are being flagged as invalid.
What is occurring is that the Bye request is being sent, it is part of a
dialog but it is non loose-route. I am not sure how to fix this. The "To
User" is a valid SIP user but not registered, so I sent the invite to
the voicemail server (which is another server). When the caller hangs
up, the Bye request is created, sent to the SIP PROXY and then the SIP
proxy flags is as being within a dialog but not loose-route. I issue the
record-route() for all INVITES before I perform the lookup and send it
to the voicemail media server. Is there something else I am missing or
any help would be appreciated. I would like to get valid Bye requests so
I can account for them.

Thanks

Nathaniel L Keeling