[OpenSIPS-Users] siptrace to mysql

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Tue Apr 16 11:09:21 CEST 2013

Hello Vic,

SIP tracing may be add a significant load on the DB (and on opensips
itself - as it is doing blocking DB ops) as for each message it has to
do 2 insert queries - and for a minimal call you around 10 inserts.

The idea is to minimize the traffic you trace (trace only what you need,
not all traffic) and to optimize the dumping to DB:
     1) use the multi-insert option (see query_buffer_size -
http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsCoreFcn19#toc71)
     2) consider using the flatstore DB engine (which is a write-only
very fast engine to write to files)
     3) consider doing the DB ops on a different opensips instance than
the one handling the traffic (active opensips is just packing data and
another one is dumping into DB) - see Homer with sip_trace and
sip_capture modules.