[OpenSIPS-Users] What to do when one user agent leaves suddenly?

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Wed Apr 10 11:45:55 CEST 2013

Hi Chen-Che,

I know what the RFC says, but unfortunately the real life (out there is
the SIP wild) is totally different - Consider you have a user calling to
PSTN (a call you will have to pay to carrier); if you detect the user
dropped, would you simply stop your billing without being 100% that the
PSTN side also stopped ? if you do not BYE the PSTN, would you take the
risk of having a ghost call in the PSTN that you will get charged for ??

My 2 cents on the matter....