[OpenSIPS-Users] Max TCP connections

John Quick john.quick at smartvox.co.uk
Wed Sep 12 15:34:59 CEST 2012

Does anyone know what the practical limit is for the maximum number of TCP
connections to OpenSIPS?
It is a question that often comes up with clients who are developing
SIP-based apps for smart phones. Persistent TCP seems to be strongly
favoured over UDP for connections with mobile devices such as iPhone, iPad,
etc. However, I cannot even get OpenSIPS to start if I set
tcp_max_connections to a number greater than about 55000. Have tried it with
v1.7 and 1.8. Is there a way to overcome this ceiling? Has anyone tested it
with 10's of thousands of TCP connections?

John Quick
Smartvox Limited