[OpenSIPS-Users] [OpenSIPS-Devel] [RELEASES] Planing OpenSIPS 1.9.0 major release

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Wed Oct 31 13:21:58 CET 2012

On Oct 31, 2012, at 12:52 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:

> Hi Saul,
>
> OK, aside the TCP part (which anyhow is scheduled for fixing) and some extra parsing, does supporting WebRTC imply something more on the OpenSIPS side ?

It requires that OpenSIPS is able to use SIP over a WebSocket transport. So OpenSIPS would need support for WebSocket. The transport behaves roughly the same as TCP, with the difference that you may only get a single SIP packet in each WebSocket segment. There are other couple of minor things, but the core of it is supporting the WebSocket transport.

I didn't have the time to test OpenSIPS behind a OverSIP instance, to verify if there is anything to be fixed beforehand, but according to https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3545859&group_id=232389&atid=1086412 Via parsing will fail because if doesn't recognize ws and wss as valid transports. I had a look at the attached patch and it seems to solve the problem by accepting any Via transport parameter. I guess that's a good idea, so OpenSIPS would not care about any transport used in the path, as long as it doesn't need to use it, but I guess some checks would need to be done to validate if the topmost Via has a transport OpenSIPS understands. Not sure if this check is already done though.

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects