[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips upgrade

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Wed Oct 10 12:40:24 CEST 2012

Hi,

OpenSIPS does not really care about the dir name, do you can do it in your way.  To be cleaner, I would suggest to install 1.8 in a new dir and have the old dir as a sym link to the new one.

Sent from Samsung Mobiledpa <denis7979 at mail.ru> wrote:Hello!

Sorry if it were but anyway.
I am using opensips 1.6.4-2 and have a wish to upgrade to 1.8

I have directory /usr/local/opensips1.6.4-2/ where opensips 1.6.4-2 has been installed at one time.
If I will make tar archive of this directory and install to this directory opensips 1.8? Would opensips 1.8  work after this?
(of course I will make change to opensips.cfg and sql database)
And if for some reason I will need change back opensips to 1.6.4-2? May I make same procedure using tar archive which I made in previous step?

Thank you for any help.

P.S. It is important to using directory /usr/local/opensips1.6.4-2/ after upgrade to 1.8.