[OpenSIPS-Users] attack from friendly-scanner

SamyGo govoiper at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 10:17:20 CEST 2012

Hi,

Funny thing, I just used sipvicious and in less that 10 minutes I changed
the user-agent field from "friendly-scanner" to "Google-Chrome" .. Where is
our "friendly-scanner" condition now ?

So a 10,000 extensions scan All went directly to my DB and put everyone in
trouble, had there been a pike module to capture first 10-15/30 attempts it
could've saved us from getting the DB chocked.

Moreover, if I had an action trigger if(pike == true){avp_exec(my-blocker.sh
ip.of.hack.er);} to put the newly captured IP into the IPtables list as
well as push the IP address into a custom web-service to alert all the
neighbours of this new hacker IP everything could've been perfect.

You are welcome Mr. VoIP  Engineer, I really hope this thread helped you a
little bit.

BR
Sammy