[OpenSIPS-Users] bash shell variable not kept when run in opensips.cfg

Duane Larson duane.larson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 02:15:36 CEST 2012

It sounds like you are trying to reinvent the wheel.  Why not just use the
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.8.x/db_mysql.html module so you
can query your database.  And then like Ali says you can use AVPOPS module
with a little scripting in the OpenSIPS config.  You really don't need to
use exec.so for what you want to do.

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 6:38 PM, Xavier Herlindo <xherlindo at yahoo.com.mx>wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> this is my first post, so please bare with me if i commit any protocol
> error. All comments are welcome. Thanks all in advance for any help i can
> get.
>
> I am running Opensips 8.1 with a Centos 5.8 install. I am setting up a
> redirect server. Only using the slo.so, mi_fifo.so, rr.so (not sure if i
> really need this one) and exec.so modules.
>
> I am trying to run a simple bash script that checks if the number in the
> URI exists in a mysq table and if so, the script rewrites the prefix and ip
> address to redirect. If not, there is a default address to redirect to.
>
> The sh script works fine as i have tested it directly from the shell,
> running without issues. If i input an URI with an existing number in my
> mysql table, the script connects to the db, validates it, an the output is
> the modified URI as expected. Now if the script is called from within
> opensips.cfg file, the script is not validating in mysql. The opensips log
> file show no errors when running the sh file. If i try to set an incorrect
> connection param string there is no change either, as if the line is
> ignored.
>
> This is my unrecognized variable:
>
> exec_query=`mysql -u USER --password=TEST -s -D MY_DB -e "SELECT numB FROM
> valid_numb WHERE numB = '123';"`
>
>  If i echo the value for exec_query it is empty when running within
> opensips.cfg
> Running in the bash prompt the value of exec_query is set correctly.
>
> This same shell script was tested in an old SER box without not issues, so
> i think it is something out of the script directly related to opensips
> configuration.
>
> Do you know what may be the problem?
>
> Regards,
>
> Xavier