[OpenSIPS-Users] TCP connections for relaying calls

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Thu Nov 8 17:21:05 CET 2012

Hi Mariana,

Because of the TCP conn reusage, between 2 SIP entities preserving their
IP and port, you will have only 1 TCP conn (per direction). This will
lead to a "tunneling" effect between 2 proxies - all traffic will be
pushed via a single connection.

To avoid this, use multiple TCP interfaces (same ip but different ports)
between the 2 opensips - and when OS1 has to send to OS2 to do
dispatching over all interfaces of OS2 ; and vice versa. This will
create multiple connections between the 2 servers.

I know it is not nice, but it solves the purpose - maybe in long term we
need some logical way to control the connection re-usage (maybe
depending on load/traffic - if too much, avoid reusing, create a new conn).