[OpenSIPS-Users] [OpenSIPS-Devel] [RELEASES] Planing OpenSIPS 1.9.0 major release

Duane Larson duane.larson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 16:27:53 CET 2012

Ali,

Just to add to the scenarios when you don't use load balancer but want to
keep up with load.....

If you are load balancing to Asterisk servers but you don't use the
load_balance() function because you want an "attended transfer" or someone
is call for a "Parked Call".  You want to make sure the call goes to the
Asterisk server that has the current call for an Attended Transfer or the
call goes to the Asterisk server that has the parked call.

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 8:17 AM, Ali Pey <alipey at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Not sure if this is the right place to suggest changes/new features. I
> have a request for a new function for the load_balancer module.
>
> Load_balancer knows how many resources are available for each gateway and
> keeps track of active calls for each resource to distribute the calls
> accordingly. This works well if the gateways's calls always go through the
> load_balancer module. However, this is not always the case.
>
> Let's say I have a number of gateways for termination and I use the
> load_balancer module to distribute the calls. If there happen to be some
> outgoing calls from these gateways, load balancer would not know about them
> and the number of active calls and available resources would be inaccurate.
>
> This can be fixed if there was a function to add a call to a gateway's
> resource (maybe based on the IP address) without calling the load_balance()
> function.
>
> This functionality can also be used when you are using resources of one of
> your gateways but outside the load balancer module such as routing a test
> number to a particular gateway and so on.
>
> Regards,
> Ali Pey

Duane