[OpenSIPS-Users] intermittent one-way audio

SamyGo govoiper at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 06:59:12 CEST 2012

Hi,
Can you track the call with one-way audio. That could be a big deal if
there are alot of servers in your asterisk farm. If you can trace which
asterisk server it happens and verify its sip settings "externip" - also
"rtp set debug on" for a brief time interval can tell you the story.
Yes router can be an issue where Inbound network traffic is ACL restricted
and outbound traffic from server is almost never ACL-ed - so that can be
one case.
Up till here I'm assuming that SDPs are all well negotiated between phones
and servers.

Now,

>  The phones work properly without audio issues for 10-15 minutes, then one
> way-audio happens

Do you see any re-INVITES exchanging between the phones and maybe both the
A & B parties trying to directly communicate with each other !!?
Do you've any CISCO PIX/ASAthingie in your network ? Maybe it
times-out/expires the connection stream due to inactivity !?

These are few things I could think of troubleshooting such an issue. Maybe
some other hints or details from you can help focus in one particular area.

Regards,
Sammy