[OpenSIPS-Users] Is it safe to disable db_check_from?

Adam Raszynski netcentrica at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 09:46:46 CEST 2012

Hi

In default opensips.cfg there is following line:

if (!db_check_from()) {
   send_reply("403", "Forbidden Auth ID");
   exit;
}

Beside that I authenticate all calls by using proxy_authorize function

The problem is that some buggy/cheap ATA's can't be configured to use user
in From field to be identical with authentication username and it results
403 error for them.
Unfortunately I can't tell my customers to replace their buggy ATA's

So, is it safe to disable db_check_from when proxy_authorize is in place?

Does it pose any security problems?

Best Regards