[OpenSIPS-Users] B2BUA application possibility with SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Mon Jun 11 21:48:08 CEST 2012

Hello,

I need to build a system to translate a single transaction (INVITE/302) on
the client side into a dual-transaction (SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY) on the upstream
service side.  This is because the client can only handle one transaction
at a time while the server requires SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY.  Here's how it looks:

It would accept an INVITE, parse out the relavent data points, then
formulate a SUBSCRIBE request and forward it to the upstream server.  The
upstream server responds to the SUBSCRIBE request with a 200 OK.  The
server then sends us a NOTIFY containing the data we're waiting for.  We
accept the NOTIFY (responding with a 200), parse out the relevant data, and
place that data into the Contact field of a new 302 sent in response to the
initial INVITE.  And we're done.

Is this possible with a B2BUA scenario, perhaps with the addition of some
creative "regular" scripting?  B2BUA scenarios are new to me, so before I
got neck-deep I wanted to start by asking the experts to find out if it's
even possible.  Or, perhaps there's an obvious better way to do this
altogether.

- Jeff