[OpenSIPS-Users] Call pickup

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Mon Jun 11 12:42:00 CEST 2012

Hi Duane,

How I see this "call pickup" functionality:

1) A calls to B, call is in ringing state

2) C wants to pickup ringing call to B (this means C want to get to his
phone the the call ringing from B).

3) C dials PREFIX+B, indicating he wants to grab the call for B)

4) the INVITE for (for the call from C) should add a new branch to C (
for the call to B)  and to cancel the branch to B

5) as a result, the call from C will be terminated and the call from A
will be serially forked to C.

This is how I see this scenario.

Now there are same small missing pieces to make this happen - the most
important is first to decide if the manipulation over the first call
(adding a new branch and terminating the ongoing branch) should be done
from script or via MI.