[OpenSIPS-Users] Establish a session with a user behind 2 NATs

Mihai Richard mihai.richard at softvision.ro
Fri Jan 27 11:35:43 CET 2012

Hello,

I have this problem and it only appears when a remote user is behind two
NATs and when I(behind one NAT) try to establish the session. The scenario
is: I send a INVITE to the remote client through the server, I receive the
100 Trying for that INVITE, after that, the remote client sends a 200/OK
message but apparently the server never replies to that OK or other
subsequent 200/OKs. When I run a tcpdump on the server I see that the ACK
for the OK is actually sent but at the wrong address. It¹s sent to
192.168.X.X which is the internal address of the second router instead of
sending to the public address of the first router.
Does anybody know why this is happening and how this could be fixed?

I am using sipsimple on the client side and the OpenSIPS server

Thank you,
--
Mihai Richard