[OpenSIPS-Users] Packet Loss and its Solution

Sammy Govind govoiper at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 06:38:53 CET 2012

Hi Faisal,

Can you copy/paste the stats of "ifconfig eth*N*" on which traffic is
terminating. I just wanted to see the error and dropped packets on physical
interface.
Hardware and physical connectivity plays major role in packet
losses.On*Asterisk server
* Jitter options might help you but this is media-proxy, I assume from the
interface you are viewing, the packets are shown as lost. So could it be
heavy media traffic flowing through the interface and media proxy is unable
to use much CPU processing power to process all the RTPs ?

Before troubleshooting the software application I suggest start digging the
networking interfaces and tweak the eth*N and *related properties of kernel
to maximize the throughput.

This would be just how I'd go with this kind of problem.

Regards.
Sammy