[OpenSIPS-Users] Packet Loss and its Solution

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Mon Feb 27 23:14:57 CET 2012

Hi Faisal,

Let me comment a bit on the loss at software - packages can be discarded
at TCP/IP stack level (by kernel) if no application is reading the data
(or no reading as fast as the data comes).

You can check on this (if opensips is able to process all incoming
traffic, without having the kernel to discard data because of full
buffering on sockets) via some statistics from the NET class :
         http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsCoreStats17#toc17

An overall idea over the load in opensips (if you have idle processes or
not) can be monitored via the LOAD stats:
         http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsCoreStats17#toc14