[OpenSIPS-Users] Packet Loss and its Solution

Max Mühlbronner mm at 42com.com
Mon Feb 27 17:29:27 CET 2012

Hi,

20% might be true for general network usage, but not for Voice traffic.
Also it depends on the codecs used, 10% packetloss at VoIP means quality
will be degraded (codec could only compensate up to 5%).

http://www.voiptroubleshooter.com/problems/packetloss.html

g711 at 10% packetloss:
http://www.voiptroubleshooter.com/sound_files/male1_3_rep_20ms_10.wav

pre-sip / h323, but also example files at different packetloss rates,
tune in to the 20%  g711 wav file...  :)

http://www.networkcomputing.com/1001/1001ws2.html

Best Regards

Max M.