[OpenSIPS-Users] BYEs are not following the VIAs and Record-Routes

Samuel Muller sml at l33.fr
Wed Feb 15 19:31:40 CET 2012

Hi,

I'm a bit confused concerning record-route, vias and route headers.

In my case, I've this :
UA -> local statefull pxy 1 -> stateless pxy 2 -> statefull pxy 3
the local pxy is an audiocodes mp11x (to use the SAS capabilies), the
stateless is OpenSips with dispatcher module (only for the pxy3), then
the statefull pxy 3 are several OpenSips acting too as registrar or
redirect.

Meaning of stateless in my case is to have a minimalistic edge proxy
to take care of multiple central proxies, not the customer side, and
to pass through NAT problems for SIP.

all is working fine (invites, ack, prack, 100, 180, 200, register,
options, cancel, ...) but the BYEs.
when an UA calls another UA, the SIP goes through each proxy (I need
full control).

so, in the sip messages I've up to 5 VIAs and 3 Record-Routes headers ...
or sometimes in the 200 OK 1 Record-Route composed with multiple sets of IP.

I can not use topology hiding for several reasons :/

the problem with the BYEs, is that the stateless proxy send directly
to the final UA instead of the local proxy 1. So it's working, but not
as it has to be ...

Here is the config of the stateless proxy :

route {
    if (is_method("REGISTER")) {
        add_path_received();
    } else if (!is_method("ACK")) {
        record_route(";rr=pxy2");
    }
    # don't look for totag, there're never initial requests here.
    if (loose_route()) {
        forward();
        exit;
    }
    if (!ds_select_dst("1", "0")) {
         ds_mark_dst("p");
         ds_select_dst("2", "0");
    }
    forward();
    exit;
}

the full sip trace of a BYE is here : http://pastebin.com/WKv9wNU5

If someone has any idea or can explain how's the Route / Record-Route
/ Vias are working in my case ?

Thank you very much for any help ...

.Sam Muller.