[OpenSIPS-Users] Error opening OpenSIPS's FIFO /tmp/opensips_fifo

Jerry Richards jerry.richards at teotech.com
Tue Feb 14 16:15:51 CET 2012

Hello,

I'm getting this error(s), but did not find a solution that works from the Email archives on the subject.  I'm using CentOS 5.7 and openSIPS 1.7.1.

ERROR: Error opening OpenSIPS's FIFO /tmp/opensips_fifo
ERROR: Make sure you have the line 'modparam("mi_fifo", "fifo_name", "/tmp/opensips_fifo")' in your config
ERROR: and also have loaded the mi_fifo module.

I verified these lines are in my opensips.cfg file:
modparam("mi_fifo", "fifo_name", "/tmp/opensips_fifo") modparam("mi_fifo", "fifo_mode", 0666)

I verified this line in my opensipsctlrc file:
OSIPS_FIFO="/tmp/opensips_fifo"

I also verified there is no /tmp/opensips_fifo file or folder.  Can someone help?

Thanks,
Jerry