[OpenSIPS-Users] Password in plaintext vs encrypted

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Tue Dec 4 15:59:48 CET 2012

Hi Christian,

On 11/21/2012 10:15 PM, Christian Cambier wrote:

> Hello.
>
> When I add a user using the OpenSIPS control panel it stores the
> password in plaintext in the 'password' column
>
> When I add a user using  the /usr/sbin/opensipsctl utility
>    e.g. /usr/sbin/opensipsctl add 1009 99
> it stores the password encrypted in the 'ha1'  column

opensipsctl adds the plain text passwd only if the STORE_PLAINTEXT_PW
variable is 1 (see opensipsctlrc file)

> never mind whether
>         store_plaintext_pw is set to 0 or 1
> in /etc/opensips/opensipsctlrc

Are you sure the proper RC file is used or your setting is not override
by another RC file ?

> How can I have passwords stored in hashed form with the Control Panel
> as well?

In config/tools/users/user_management/local.inc.php, see the
$config->passwd_mode switch - you need to change it to 1.