[OpenSIPS-Users] Functioning 1.7 + RTP Proxy Configuration

Nick Khamis symack at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 15:20:35 CEST 2012

>> RTP is used for many purposes most commonly to hide your internal network topology i.e. in your case your * server also it helps in NAT traversal.

That is exactly what we are trying to accomplish. Would like all SIP
traffic to go through the OpenSIPS server,

Could someone kindly illustrate graphically how the flow of traffic is
suppose to look in a topology hidden network using NAT traversal
please? Should there be port forwarding
of RTP traffic to the Proxy? Meaning, should the incoming ITSP traffic
be directed at OpenSIPS:

----->: Initial Stream
*****> Asterisk Stream

What I think we have now, and why we don't need RTP NAT traversal yet:

Scenario 1

UC > Proxy > Asterisk > ITSP > * Router 192.168.2.1  * > Back to
Asterisk > Back to Proxy > Back to UC (Final)

                  Proxy------->Asterisk-------->  ITSP
UC  ------->     *                   *  *                   *
      <******     *****************  ****** Router***

What we should have and need eventually (Topology Hiding using NAT traversal):

Scenario 2

UC > Proxy > Asterisk > ITSP >  *Router 192.168.2.1 * > Back to
OpenSIPS > Back to UC (Final)

                  Proxy------->Asterisk-------->ITSP
UC  ------->     *                                     *
      <******     *                                     *
                     *****Router 192.168.2.1****

i.e., there has to be no direct connection between the UCs or ITSP and
asterisk. I think we have accomplished this without using RTP proxy
since everything is on the same subnet,
or am I incorrect? And as you mentioned, the RTP stream is now being
directed at the Asterisk server? Will get a NGREP trace posted when I
get to work. Please remember
that this is done using virtual machines as a test bed for now...

Thank you Kindly for your Help,

Nick.

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 12:11 AM, qasimakhan at gmail.com