[OpenSIPS-Users] A Dynamic List of Gateways

Brett Nemeroff brett at nemeroff.com
Thu Aug 30 15:10:14 CEST 2012

You haven't really said why the drouting module won't work. Why do you say
the system won't know the gateway list itself? Where is this complicated
business logic?

Chances are between memcache and db queries you can do what you want. If
you want to use drouting to store the gateway list, but not use the
dr_rules logic, you can sort of do that as well, but you'll have to play
tricks with what rules you use.

Also if the gateway's IPs are changing and the dr_gateways/dr_carriers
tables don't meet your needs, you could always use the attrs column or even
the gw_id_avp/rule_id_avp/carrier_id_avp to simply look something else up
and just ignore (read: rewrite on your own) the destination.

I'm not sure how you are proposing to use your perl module. I wouldn't use
the exec module for any realtime in call lookups *ever* (and I'm a big perl
fan). The perl module is pretty cool, but I don't think it's maintained and
you won't get the best performance from it I don't think (would love to
hear other's opinions here).

Maybe if you told us a little bit about your complicated business logic, we
may be able to provide more guidance?
-Brett