[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips 1.6.4 doesn't send an OK response under high load

Diego Barberio diego.barberio at redmondsoftware.com
Thu Aug 9 20:19:33 CEST 2012

Hello,

I'm using opensips to forward incoming INVITEs to a set of 8 applications.
I'm using dispatcher module to achieve this.
During peak hour, opensips receives about 350 INVITEs per second, during
this period about 30 OK responses per second my application sends correctly
aren't forwarded by opensips.

I've recompiled opensips so it can use more memory by modifing the config.h
file:

#define PKG_MEM_POOL_SIZE 10*1024*1024          /*!< Used only if PKG_MALLOC
is defined*/
#define SHM_MEM_SIZE 320                        /*!< Used if SH_MEM is
defined*/

The incoming INVITEs come from UDP and TCP.

For each of the OK responses that aren't forwarded this entry appears in the
messages file:

usr/local/sbin/opensips[24554]: ERROR:core:forward_reply: no 2nd via found
in reply

According to my research on the web this message means that the OK only has
one Via header, however this is not the case and the capture attached (made
on server which runs opensips) shows it.

I've also tried to increase the log level, but it made opensips to work slow
even in low traffic hours.

I run some test in my lab and opensips worked perfectly even under more than
350 INVITES per second, this problem only occurs in production

I really don't know what else to do.
Could you help me to fix this issue or at least move on with the
investigation?

Thanks
Diego