[OpenSIPS-Users] drouting enhancement clarifications

Andreas Sikkema h323 at ramdyne.nl
Tue Apr 3 01:13:24 CEST 2012

> So the typical requirement I see is that I'll put in a handful of termination gateways for a given carrier, but the carriers usually (sometimes?) ask that if the call fails on one of the gateways (like a 503) to NOT send it to all the other gateways as well. In fact a "next_carrier" function would be ideal. Else, if I'm reading this right,if I use the carriers capabilities as listed it'll try every single one of the carrier's gateways, right? Or is the weight based selection going to pick just one gateways of the carriers each time

Even if the carrier is not that picky, I'm sometimes sorry for called parties on some calls. Rejecting every single call attempt gets old very fast while OpenSIPS is busy trying the call on every single gateway for every carrier matching the destination. Most called parties just give up after three attempts and accept the call.

Yes, I know, the gateways should have sent a final response instead of some 5xx variant, but the world is not built out of RFC material ;-)

--
Andreas