[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips for loadbalancing and registration

Faisal Rehman faisal.rehman22 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 16 12:43:54 CEST 2011

Hi Schneur,

Its good to hear that you are going to do load balancing with the help of OpenSIPS and I assume that you are having OpenSIPS running fine and properly upon any of your servers. I hope that you have gone through the shared links for load balancing which are also given on the OpenSIPS website.

As you know the default configuration script is mostly located in /usr/local/etc/opensips directory & there will be a file called opensips.cfg through which opensips runs. As you are newbie to OpenSIPS that is why I am writing all the details here. For load balancing purpose, the module of load balancer must be there in your opensips.cfg like below:

loadmodule "load_balancer.so"

Please see your OpenSIPS modules directory also. Before proceeding to the OpenSIPS load balancing configurations please let me know are you connected to the OpenSIPS database because you will have to do the changes in OpenSIPS database table load_balancer accordingly. If you are having any problems in database connectivity, follow that link:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Opensips+Installation,+How+to.

With Best Regards,

Faisal Rehman