[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips for loadbalancing and registration

Schneur Rosenberg rosenberg11219 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 21:03:28 CEST 2011

I'm new to opensips, I currently have a asterisk server with over 300
users and at times it crashes from too many things going on at the
same time, therefore I would like to set up a opensips box to handle
registrations and load balancing for our asterisk servers, here is my
plan let me know if this is right and if someone can help me with the
script I would really appreciate it.

Opensips handles registration.
Invites from users on the opensips system will be sent over to
multiple asterisk boxes via load balancing and asterisk will decide
how to send out the call.
Invites from outside (incoming did's) will also be handed over to
asterisk, asterisk will decide what to do with it (ivr, or voicemail
or send to sip etc) when asterisk decides to send it to a registered
user on the opensips it will send it back to opensips.
The opensips database and asterisk database will be the same table
done via a mysql view.

I would like to know if this is a good setup and if someone can
provide me with a script that should do this, I am working on this for
days and I'm not sure is I'm going in the right direction (again I'm a
newbie).

I would also like to know how does opensips know when there is a
voicemail on asterisk for MWI?

thanks in advance