[OpenSIPS-Users] registration error

Vlad Paiu vladpaiu at opensips.org
Tue Sep 6 11:41:25 CEST 2011

Hello,

A return code of -4 means that the Register request is lacking auth
credentials. This is normal for the first Register request coming from
an UA, but after the 401 challenge, the UA should send another Register
with the appropriate credentials. If you get this error two times in a
row for the same UA, it means that you are dealing with some broken UAs
that do not properly handle Register authorisation requests.

Regards,

Vlad Paiu
OpenSIPS Developer