[OpenSIPS-Users] standard opensips.cfg but include local config

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Fri Oct 28 13:55:40 CEST 2011

Hi Gareth,

actually using m4 does not complicate thinks at all - we are using or
more than 5 years and never run into difficulties or problem - even more
it brings more power in doing text pre-processing  (not only "include"
directive, but macros, defines, ifdef, loops ,etc ). Instead of keeping
in SVN the .cfg file, keep the .m4 file(s) - and we added in the
opensips init script the m4 triggering to generate the cfg file when
starting opensips.

On 10/28/2011 01:08 PM, Gareth Blades wrote:
> I saw some examples of that but when I have looked into m4 before its
> used to regenerate a new configuration file based upon a standard
> template. That would mean its the template which would be in the
> version control and not the actual running config which might lead to
> an issue later on so not an ideal solution but would do the job.
>
> Thanks
>

> On 10/26/2011 02:36 PM, Vlad Paiu wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> You could use m4 along side with your .cfg. Basically, your .cfg
>> would essentially be the same for all your servers, but it would
>> contain some macros that would expand differently for each one of
>> your servers.
>>
>> Vlad Paiu
>> OpenSIPS Developer
>>

>> On 10/25/2011 01:31 PM, Gareth Blades wrote:
>>> We have a couple of opensips servers and are using SVN to maintain
>>> the configuration so we wish to have a single opensips.cfg file.
>>> This means that there is some local config for the specific server
>>> that we have to somehow pull in from another file.
>>>
>>> modparam("stun","primary_ip","x.x.x.33")
>>> modparam("stun","primary_port","5060")
>>> modparam("stun","alternate_ip","x.x.x.53")
>>> modparam("stun","alternate_port","5060")
>>>
>>> Any tips on the best way to do this?
>>>
>>> Can you set a variable by checking the machines hostname or ip
>>> address and then pass a variable to the modparam function?

OpenSIPS eBootcamp - 19th of September 2011
OpenSIPS solutions and "know-how"