[OpenSIPS-Users] Multiple media relays on one server

JimDoesVoip jobrien at counterpath.com
Wed Oct 19 21:45:17 CEST 2011

Hi Jeff, All,
  This seems(ed) quite interesting reading through the documentation
(http://irqbalance.org/documentation.html).  I then ran a command I saw in
this writeup on irqbalance:
http://kb.fusionio.com/KB/a65/irqbalance-avoid-overloading-cpu-0-with-interrupt-requests.aspx

cat /proc/interrupts

           CPU0       CPU1       CPU2       CPU3
>>snip other things
  77:    3441350    3442277    3440052    3437999   IO-APIC-fasteoi   eth0
  78:    2900004    2899359    2901479    2903668   IO-APIC-fasteoi   eth1
>>snip other things

It appears the interrupts for our bonded gige interfaces are already being
spread across all the cores quite evenly.  Perhaps some of this has been
better integrated into the kernel.  This is CentOS 6.

Thanks,

Jim O