[OpenSIPS-Users] openSIPs server listening on TCP

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Wed Oct 19 15:37:44 CEST 2011

You cannot expect SIP MESSAGE  messages to arrive in the same order as they were sent. There is no physical or logical relation between 2 SIP Message messages, not in the client and not in the network. These messages may follow different network paths, may be retransmitted multiple times and or arrive in completely different order at the destination and even multiple times.

So technically speaking there is nobody to blame and you cannot fix any of these issues by switching to TCP.

The only way to have text chat sessions where messages arrive in the original order is to use MSRP media.

Adrian