[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS as the Firewall

Nick Khamis symack at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 21:17:47 CET 2011

Hello Everyone,

We are trying to close the doors entirely to our asterisk servers, making
only opensips visible to the outside world:

Incoming  -> OpenSIPS -> Asterisk -> OpenSIPS -> Trunk
               |           In                                   Out           |
               | _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ |

What I think we currently have is:

Incoming  -> OpenSIPS -> Asterisk -> OpenSIPS -> Trunk
                        In                  |                Out              |

Without any port forwarding to the OpenSIPS box, everything
works fine. With port forwarding, I get no audio both ways.

If I am not mistaken, my questions are:
* Can this be achieved
* Do we have an externip, and port range settings for OpenSIPS.

Thanks in Advnace,

Nick