[OpenSIPS-Users] using dialog based topology_hiding in failover scenario

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Wed Nov 23 09:31:44 CET 2011

Hi Jayesh,

The dialog topology hiding works at dialog level and you cannot use it
in a per-branch manner. So, you cannot set or not topo hiding for some
branches. Solutions are:
    1) simply do topo hiding when routing, so you will do it for all
branches.....
    2) set a separate opensips instance (or spiral on the same opensips)
to do topo hiding.

On 11/23/2011 09:57 AM, Jayesh Nambiar wrote:
> Hi All,
> I tested the topology_hiding function in dialog module and it works
> well. Now my scenario requires that I use topology_hiding function
> based on the carrier where the call is supposed to go. And I use
> failure_route to failover between multiple carriers. So the condition
> is, if 1st carrier requires topology_hiding I enable it and route the
> call and if that call fails, the next carrier might not need
> topology_hiding enabled so I need to somehow undo the topology_hiding
> that I called while routing to the first carrier.
> Moreover, if I call the topology_hiding again for the second carrier,
> the contact header gets malformed since the contact header is appended
> again and the call fails because of invalid contact header.
> One possible solution I thought of was calling the topology_hiding
> function in the branch_route, but opensips would not start and logs an
> error saying "Command cannot be used in the block".
> Anyone with any possible workaround for this? Any help is appreciated !!
>
> Thanks,
>
> --- Jayesh

OpenSIPS solutions and "know-how"