[OpenSIPS-Users] BYE on 180 causing dialog loop

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Thu Nov 17 13:24:16 CET 2011

Hi,

On Nov 17, 2011, at 12:53 PM, Vlad Paiu wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The problem lies in the fact that the device send BYE while the dialog was not established yet, when in fact a Cancel should have been used.

The caller MAY use a BYE instead of a CANCEL to terminate a dialog in the early stage, that is, if it received a 101-199 response with a to-tag. (RFC 3261, sec 15)

Since no SIP trace was provided I don't know if that was the case. Anyway, would OpenSIPS handle that situation correctly?

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects