[OpenSIPS-Users] Presence Aggregation Idea

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Tue Nov 15 10:35:03 CET 2011

Hi Damien,

> That's also a good idea.
>
> But the problem that we are facing happens with IP Phones from various brands : Polycom, SNOM, Grandstream, ...
>
> They all support only one tuple at a time. That is why we also need (I think) a way at the server level to aggregate the presence states. What do you think ?

Yes, we definitely need that as well. The case I described would only work with pretty "advanced" usage of presence. As for the aggregation, it would be nice if it could coexist with the other model. A new parameter to handle_subscribe, or a flag perhaps? The behavior (aggregation or not) could be decided based on provisioned policy or even runtime by inspecting the user agent header for example.

I think both models need to coexist for interoperability :-)

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects