[OpenSIPS-Users] quota documentation

samuel samu60 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 18:35:21 CET 2011

Hi folks,

I'm starting understanding the quota system for CDRTool (8.2.2) but there's
something that I might be missing...and would like more information about
its internals.

As far as I know there are the 3 following scripts:
/var/www/CDRTool/scripts/OpenSIPS/quotaCheck.php
check for users with quota exceeded
/var/www/CDRTool/scripts/OpenSIPS/quotaReset.php
monthly wipe out of data
/var/www/CDRTool/scripts/OpenSIPS/quotaDailyReset.php
accumulative daily traffic

That MUST be called in the right time or the collected data is
"meaningless". Besides, if you renormalize de calls, quota system does not
work anymore (it looks like as if quotaReset had been called).

My question is if there's any documentation besides the doc/QuotaSystem.txt
file that explain how is it calculed and what to do, for instance, if in
the middle of a month, ReNormalize is called. How can you rebuild the quota
for the last days? Because it looks like it's not possible (probably
modifying somehow memcache table (?)).

What to do if, in the middle of a day, quotaDailyReset.php is called
several times?

So, my main call is to get some more information about the Quota system
works and how to recover for a failure.

Thank you very much for such a complete suite of products,
Samuel.