[OpenSIPS-Users] load balancing based on source IP

Mistral 66 mistral9999 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 11 01:51:47 CET 2011

I am planning to use opensips to load balance/direct traffic to asterisk
 servers. We have about 40 locations (will have many more) with 5 phones each, and we would
like to have all the traffic coming from a location to go to the same
asterisk server; i.e., if the first SIP message from location 1  is sent
 to Server A, we would like the other messages coming from there also
sent to A. Is this possible? Traffic from each location will be more or
less the same, so can opensips do the load balancing maybe in a round
robin style (I guess via dispatcher) taking the source IP into
consideration; e.g. location 1 goes to server A, location 2 goes to
server B, location 3 goes to server C, location 4 goes to server A, etc.?

The reason I want to do this is to keep the device state information  for
each location on the same Asterisk server (I'm not sure if asterisk can
store device state data in a database for realtime updates and lookups) and maybe avoid extra messaging (e.g. openais) betwen asterisk servers to distribute the device state data.

 I'm very new to opensips and asterisk...

Thanks,
Matt