[OpenSIPS-Users] topology_hiding in dialog module

Jayesh Nambiar jayesh.voip at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 07:26:08 CET 2011

Hi All,
I am trying to use the topology_hiding feature in the dialog module. The
problem is opensips does not route the sequential requests properly. I have
tried using the match_dialog function as described in the module docs:

if (has_totag() && is_method("INVITE|ACK|BYE|UPDATE")) {
        log(1, "Method has To Tag");
        if(match_dialog())
        {
                log(1, "ACK Matched Earlier Dialog");
                route(default_relay);
                exit;
        }
}

But the match_dialog function always returns false and opensips is not able
to relay the ACK by matching the dialog. I am definitely calling
create_dialog() on my intial INVITE. I can see the first log message
printed properly, but the second one inside the match_dialog function is
not printed which means match_dialog returns false. Can anyone guide me to
using the match_dialog function appropriately and accurately so as to use
this light-weight topology-hiding mechanism!!
Any help is greatly appreciated !!

PS: I am using opensips-1.7-beta source as I had some serious errors
related to media-relay and tm module when I had moved to opensips-1.7
stable version in production.

Thanks,

--- Jayesh