[OpenSIPS-Users] snmpstats errors - no more pkg memory

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Wed Nov 2 18:28:30 CET 2011

Hi John,

Resuming here the discussion from LinkedIn group, There are 2 possibilities:
     1) upgrade to latest stable 1.7.0 and hopefully the leak was fixed.
     2) keep the version you have and enable memory debugging (see
http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsTsMem), set memlog=6 and memdump=1
(in this order) and when a process reports a mem outage, send to it a
SIGUSR1.

On 10/18/2011 01:13 PM, John Quick wrote:
> Using OpenSIPS version 1.6.2-notls with various modules enabled including
> snmpstats.
> The startup command line has the memory option set to "-m 256"
> It is a busy production server handling several thousand calls a day. It
> runs 24x7.
>
> After opensips is running for about 1 week, I start to see errors and
> warnings like the following:
> Oct  4 08:11:36 SIP01 /sbin/opensips[17153]:
> ERROR:snmpstats:insertContactRecord: no more pkg memory
> Oct  4 08:11:36 SIP01 /sbin/opensips[17153]:
> ERROR:snmpstats:executeInterprocessBufferCmd: openserSIPRegUserTable was
> unable to alloc...
>
> Oct  4 08:11:36 SIP01 /sbin/opensips[17153]: WARNING:core:fm_malloc: Not
> enough free memory, will atempt defragmentation
>
> OpenSIPS continues to process SIP messages and I can see no errors in the
> call handling, but it concerns me that these errors are happening.
>
> Could it be relevant that db_mode for usrloc is set to 3  - this means the
> SNMP monitor always shows zero registrations.
>
> John Quick
>
> P.S. I posted this question before on 5th October but got no replies.

OpenSIPS eBootcamp - 19th of September 2011
OpenSIPS solutions and "know-how"