[OpenSIPS-Users] Future of 1.6 and 2.0

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Fri May 6 18:50:29 CEST 2011

On 04/21/2011 12:14 PM, Simon Casa wrote:
> Il 19/04/11 23.30, Brett Nemeroff:
>> Simon,
>> I think it's about a 100% bet that the 1.6 and 2.0 configs will not 
>> be compatible due to some pretty significant architectural changes. 
>> However, I wouldn't expect that the coming 2.0 release is going to 
>> obsolete 1.6 configurations. I suspect that it will take a few 
>> iterations of 2.0 releases before it becomes a preferred standard. 
>> For now, I'd plan on 1.6 configs unless your deployment is many 
>> months out. That's just my $0.02 from the perspective of a consultant 
>> supporting these systems and not designing them.
> Hi Brett,
> I agree. But I think it is important to know these dates in order to 
> understand how much time an infrastructure based on 1.6 could be 
> supported (expecially bug fixes). I'm planning a new installation but 
> I can postpone it.
> I think people from Voice-system (Bogdan) could clarify this topic.

Hi Simon,

To get 2.0 in a similar shape (as production functionality) as current 
1.x trunk, it will take a bit of more time (several months from now).

On the other hand, as 2.0 will offer both built-in native config and 
external application for config, there will be a compatibility (maybe 
not 100%, but 90%) between the current 1.x script and native 2.x script.


Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
OpenSIPS eBootcamp - 2nd of May 2011
OpenSIPS solutions and "know-how"

More information about the Users mailing list