[OpenSIPS-Users] media-relay exception

John Khvatov ivaxer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 16:30:33 CEST 2011

Hello.

On 29.03.2011, at 14:14, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé wrote:

> On 29/3/11 11:42 AM, nick at uni-petrol.com wrote:
>>

>> Because of media-relay running in openvz virtual container it inherit
>> kernel modules like ip_table, ip_conntrack, nfnetlink from host node, so
>> yesm ip_tables module like others loade before media-relay start.
>> Below is a list of running modules.
>>

> I haven't tried MediaProxy within a OpenVZ container, so I can't say how this could affect MediaProxy, sorry.
>
>> Unfortunately it is very hard to migrate to python > 2.4, because CentOS
>> < 6.0
>> don't support other versions and hard depend on python 2.4.
>>
>> Now I'm trying install Scientific Linux 6.0 in openvz virtual environment
>> to test python 2.6.
>>

> We develop, test and deploy MediaProxy on Debian based non virtualized systems so chances are that we'll not be able to help you if you run into issues we didn't experience because we don't use such scenarios.
>
> Many people are running MediaProxy on CentOS-like systems, but I can't recall if anyone is using OpenVZ containers. You may want to test it in a standalone machine first, and once you get it working you can put it in the container and test again.

I tried media-relay within a OpenVz container. As far as I can remember, I got same exceptions during call establishing:

> mediaproxy.interfaces.system._conntrack.Error: Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?)"

OS: debian/ubuntu (2.6.26-2-openvz-amd64), python: 2.6.

I think that this is openvz-related problem.

I use media-relay on hardware machine now, but it would be nice to have ability deploy media-relay in virtual machine.

--
WBR, John Khvatov