[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips.pid on Red Hat

John Khvatov ivaxer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 21:14:06 CET 2011

On 09.03.2011, at 21:34, Ovidiu Sas wrote:

> Run `opensips -h' and check -P option.
> That should help you out with setting the pid file.

Yep.

Toyima, as workaround, add "-P /var/run/opensips.pid" to OPTIONS var in /etc/sysconfig/opensips:

[root at host ~]# cat /etc/sysconfig/opensips
# Add extra options here
OPTIONS="-P /var/run/opensips.pid"

Then restart opensips service. Pid-file should be created in /var/run/opensips.pid...

I'll fix fedora/epel init-script later to fix this issue.

> On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Toyima Dias <toyimads at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I can't find the opensips.pid on Red Hat, it is not in the path:
>> /var/run/opensips.pid
>>
>> Has somebody installed OpenSIPS on Red Hat and be able to find the pid of
>> the process opensips? i'm trying to monitor the opensips process with
>> "monit" and i need the full path of the process id...
>>
>> Regards!

WBR, John Khvatov