[OpenSIPS-Users] Stopping a T.38 reinvite with Opensips loose_route()

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Sun Mar 6 19:56:50 CET 2011

Hello,

Here's the scenario.  Inbound fax call from the PSTN to my customer, Opensips 1.6.4 in the middle.  After the call sets up with G711, the carrier reinvites with T.38.  The customer accepts this and the session switches from audio to T.38/image.

And the fax call fails because of my customer's broken T.38 implementation.  The success rate in this scenario is much higher if the call stays G711.

Unfortunately the customer cannot disable T.38.  I'd like to be able to reject the reinvite with a send_reply("488", "Not acceptable here") within the loose_route() section.  Is this legit, or am I going to break things, like getting the two endpoints' CSeqs out of sync?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
JP