[OpenSIPS-Users] drouting - dr_reload (performance)

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Sat Jun 25 13:54:17 CEST 2011

Hi Max,

100K rule is nothing for the dr module (disregarding the how fast the DB
is or not).

Maybe the so called locking is about overall load or DB load - using
some xlogs and benchmarking module, you can try to see if there is an
actual blocking in the do_routing() function.

On 06/24/2011 06:13 PM, Max Mühlbronner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> yes, i tried several times. I should have mentioned the dr_rules has
> quite a few (about 100k entries). I did notice it on a production
> server running 1.6.2 but also was able to replicate the same behavior
> when testing with the same Database/dr_rules on 1.6.4-tls.
>
> I will try to take a deeper look into the issue, will try to send some
> traces / logs if there is something which looks like it could be related.
>

> BR
>
> Max M.
>

> Am 24.06.2011 16:40, schrieb Bogdan-Andrei Iancu:
>> Hi Max,
>>
>> the reload is done in a separate process and only when done, the
>> routing data (in mem) is swapped, so while loading new data, opensips
>> will still use the old one - it should not block and wait for reload.
>>
>> Are you sure is there any blocking  ? What version are you using ?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Bogdan
>>

>> On 06/16/2011 03:48 PM, Max Mühlbronner wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>

>>> Opensips seems to not route my requests while reloading the drouting
>>> rules from Database. Probably the DB operations are blocking the
>>> remaining operations?
>>>
>>> Any idea if this is normal behavior, or misconfiguration on my side?
>>> Does anyone know a solution for reloading while still receiving
>>> traffic, so if the rules become quite big it will not take the
>>> service down while reloading via mi (fifo dr_reload / webinterface..)?
>>>

>>> Best Regards
>>>
>>> Max M.

OpenSIPS solutions and "know-how"