[OpenSIPS-Users] Custom RADIUS digest auth. request

Tiberiu Breana tiberiu.breana at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 16:25:10 CEST 2011

Hello.

I'm trying to simulate a mobility situation where a User Agent Client is
connecting to a foreign SIP proxy. My setup is something like this:

UA ---> F-SIP ---> F-AAA

              H-SIP ---> H-AAA

The user is registered on the H-AAA server. I want to authenticate him
through H-AAA, but the aaa_www_authorize function sends the username as
"user@<Foreign SIP IP>", regardless of what username I choose in my
softphone. So there's no way to detect the user's home domain (that my UAC
provides).

I know I could make a custom radius_send_auth, but I wanted to follow
protocol and keep the digest mechanism for registering. Or is there a way to
make a custom digest auth to work with the register process?

Any advice is appreciated!

Regards,
Tiberiu