[OpenSIPS-Users] Route group inside of drouting

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Fri Jun 24 15:33:34 CEST 2011

Hi Kent,

The DR module operates with GW/destinations, not directly with carries
(how you define, understand and use the term of carrier is your own
business).

so, if you have the case you described (A with 7 Gw[1,2,3,4,5,6,7], B
with one [8] and C with one [9]) and you want for A to have all GWs
tried before moving to B, you can define all GW (from A, B ,C) do:

sort_order=0 (none) and gw_list=1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9   (try all GWs in the
same order)

sort_order=1 (radomize) and gw_list=1,2,3,4,5,6,7;8;9  (GWs from the
first set - for A - will be try all the time in different order).

On 06/24/2011 04:23 PM, Kent Pirlo wrote:
> My understanding of the "sort_order" parameter is that it will apply
> to sort to the entire group_id.
>
> So if my LCR should be CarrierA, CarrierB, CarrierC... and i create
> gateway_ids (3 thru 9 for CarrierA), 10 for CarrierB, and  1 for
> CarrierC..
> I can have gw_list as :    3;9,10,1   but it will always try 3 then 4
> then 5, then 6..
>
> If i apply a sort_order... it will apply to all gw's in the list, not
> just 3 thru 9, right?
>
> The over all order needs to say the same, as they are ordered by
> cost.. but 3 thru 9 are the same Carrier and need to be round-robin or
> load-balanced..
>
> Does that make sense?
>

> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 9:42 AM, Andrew Pogrebennyk
> <andrew.pogrebennyk at portaone.com
> <mailto:andrew.pogrebennyk at portaone.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 13.06.2011 16:40, Kent Pirlo wrote:
>
>         212555, gwlist = 3,5,1
>
>         now.. lets say gw "3" actually needs to try multiple ips for
>         that carrier before going on to gw "5", is this possible while
>         using drouting or do i need to scrap the drouting module to do
>         something complex like this..
>

>     It is possible and described in the module documentation:
>
>     Also the module allows the usage of groups in the destination
>     lists. A group of destinations is delimited by semi-colon char.
>     inside the whole destination list ( like: 2,4;5,78,23;4;7;2 ). The
>     destinations from within a group may be act differently (like
>     load-balancing, random selection, etc), depending of the
>     “sort_order” parameter - more about this is available under the
>     “do_routing()” function section.
>
>     http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.6.x/drouting.html#id294582
>
>     --
>     Sincerely,