[OpenSIPS-Users] ICE and Mediaproxy break when using append_branch and serial_branches/next_branches

duane.larson at gmail.com duane.larson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 21:29:15 CEST 2011

I am using append_branch and serial_branches/next_branches to implement a
FindMe/FollowMe feature. I just noticed that when I do this I am getting no
audio clients that don't have a public IP. If I bypass the FindMe/FollowMe
stuff audio works just fine. I am not sure what exactly is going on when it
breaks. The scenario I have right now is

90133XXX18 calls 90127X2XX9

modparam("mediaproxy", "mediaproxy_socket", "/var/run/mediaproxy/dispatcher.sock")
modparam("mediaproxy", "ice_candidate", "low-priority")

OpenSIPS knows that when 90127X2XX9 is called to first set $ru to
90127X2XX9 and then append_branch. Then OpenSIPS sets $ru to an outbound
number that has to be reached via SIP trunk provider. Q-Values are set for
both numbers so that the outbound number is called first and then
90127X2XX9 is called. Then I call serialize_branches(1) and then
next_branches. I turn on Mediaproxy by doing the following

if (method==INVITE && !has_totag()) {
# We can also use a specific media relay if we need to
engage_media_proxy();
}

Then the call is made. I notice when doing a siptrace on the call that
sometimes my "c=IN IP4" in the SDP never has the IP of the Mediaproxy when
it calls the outbound number and then the 90127X2XX9 number. Then other
times it does include the mediaproxy IP which is "173.XXX.XXX.111". It's
just random when I test a call. Engage_media_proxy is called when the call
to the outbound number is made and also when the call to the 90127X2XX9
number is made. If I disable ICE on the Blink client it doesn't seem to
make a difference on this problem.

I am using a branch version of OpenSIPS that was posted yesterday and I
just upgraded Mediaproxy Dispatcher and Relay to the latest version without
any luck.

Any ideas how I can troubleshoot this??