[OpenSIPS-Users] NAT and RTP latching

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Fri Jul 1 20:47:56 CEST 2011

Hi Mark,

OpenSIPS itself is not able to handle media, but for NAT traversal
scenarios (clients behind NAT) you can use an helper application for as
a media relay, like rtpproxy or mediaproxy - both are design to work and
be controlled by opensips and being separate applications, they can be
run on the same machine as opensips or on different servers.

On 07/01/2011 08:33 PM, Mark Holloway wrote:
> Hi all, I'm new to the list.  I would like to know if an ITSP has OpenSIPS deployed in the core of their network and supports SIP registrations from customers with IP phones behind NAT, can OpenSIPS support latching of media directly to the OpenSIPS server or is it required that I would need RTP Proxy installed on a separate physical server?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

OpenSIPS solutions and "know-how"