[OpenSIPS-Users] First release of SylkServer application server

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Fri Jan 28 22:50:36 CET 2011

Think about what happens under load when you must act at every 5 or 10ms intervals for each single stream. A virtual environment will lose its real-time properties under load. You can send emails and serve web pages without noticeable impact but real time media like audio and video does not tolerate same conditions without losing quality.

It does not work properly for any software Asterisk or not, is a wrong question to ask in the first place. There is a reason Asterisk needs accurate timing, what you do with your virtual box you take things to the opposite extreme and provide the most inaccurate timing and wonder what is wrong with Asterisk. Nothing is wrong, you are using it wrongly and complain for the wrong reasons.

On Jan 28, 2011, at 10:05 PM, Jeff Pyle wrote